2/27/2005

Practical Application

I have been reading through Corinthians lately and I would just like you share with everyone what I am learning so far. I am in chapter 11 right now, but in chapter 10 there were some amazing verses that stuck out to me.

All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. -1 Cor. 10:23 (NASB)

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. -1 Cor 10:31 (NASB)

These two verses have been in my mind lately. In my daily life I have found myself time and time again tolerating and doing things that are neither profitable nor edifying toward anyone. 10:23 has helped open my eyes to see how Satan has been working in my life without my knowledge.
10:31 plainly states that whatever we do, we should do for the honor and glory of God. When we decide to live a life that is more glorifying to God, we will begin to accomplish that which is profitable and edifying toward others. Tony B posed the question (and Cosby has expanded on the question) of ,"what if we started to live the scriptures?". I believe that these two verses in Corinthians are that start of an practically explanation of how it can be possible to live as if the scriptures were written directly to us today. Be imitators of Christ.
What if ?...

No comments: