3/31/2005

Spring Break

Wow is has been a while since I have posted anything. Well I will start from spring break. I went to South Pardre Island, Texas for spring break with Master Plan Ministries. It was a 24-26 hour drive one way so there was a ton of time to get to know eachother pretty well in a crammed 15 passenger van. There were 25 of us I believe, and we just took the gospel straight to the beach where all the college students were partying and breathing in what the world has to offer them. We went to out to the beach 3 of the days we were there and set up a volleyball net and brought frisbees for conversation starters. Then we would also go out in groups of 2 and just get into conversations with the kids and try to share the Gospel with them. I was defiantly an interesting experience but God is amazing and the growth that I experienced was life changing. We also went into Mexico for 3 of the days. We had 1500 Spanish new testament Bibles to hand out and it was amazing as well. I don't know how to speak Spanish very well but that did not stop God from getting his word to people. With the little Spanish that I knew I got into some good conversations with people and many people accepted Christ into their lives. I also took some soccer balls with me into Mexico and handed them out to little kids and shared the gospel with them as well. That was so much fun. I got to play with some of the kids and that is a language that I understand completely. Even though there is a language barrier with the Spanish speaking people it was easier to share with them because that are more relationship oriented people where the college students think that life is all about them. Well God work and brought many people to Him that week and I believe that there were many seeds planted as well. God is so GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great buddy. We should talk sometime and catch up. I miss you man, but it is good to hear how God is working through you.
Laters.